Wisdom from above: James3

James 3:17
But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to other's. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere.
As I read through this scripture I began to think of Jesus. Jesus is pure, peace loving, gentle at all times, and always willing to yield to other's. Jesus is mercy. His fruit is good, He never shows favoritism, and He's always sincere. True wisdom as we learn in Proverbs comes from fearing the Lord. He is wisdom. This is a picture to the fruit of wisdom, and the more I read I asked myself is this the fruit of my life. Am I pure? peace loving? Gentle at all times? Always willing to yield to other's? Do I offer others mercy? Am I producing fruit and if so what kind of fruit? Do I show favoritism? Am I always sincere? If you can answer yes to these then you're further a head then me, but if we're really honest we aren't always. And here's the thing we can't do it on our own account. We have to ask the Holy Spirit to do it through us. I wrote this prayer yesterday because I want to be. I want not just the knowledge of knowing about things, but I want the very character traits of wisdom. I desire the character of Jesus. What about you?
#generationrevival


Comments

Popular Posts