Where is my gaze?

This weekend caused me to evaluate my dreams and it wasn't until tonight that I realized my eyes were on the wrong thing. In a little over a week I will be 27 years old, and there is one dream in my life that I want more than anything.. my own family.  It is alright to desire to get married and start a family, in fact I think it's normal. For me it caused me to run on my emotions and allow myself to attach to something God clearly doesn't have for me yet. Now for me this is all just thoughts overflowing my brain. Today I saw truth. As I sit here in the woman's homeless shelter listening to worship music, I had a break through.

Emotions are overwhelming. God knows the plans he has for me. Whatever I go through he is the rock that I cling to. He has a specific story for me, and right now I know that does not include a relationship. He is scripting out his very will for my life. He has brought me to such a place as this for such a time as this. I may not have all the answers, but the best part is I know and I believe he does. My dreams are still my dreams. I still long to have a family someday and serve alongside my husband, and support the call God has given him; wherever it takes him. I still want all those things, but just as right now he has called me, one day he will call me in to such a season, but in that season I will be ready and prepared to be the best wife my husband needs, and I will be the mother my children need.I won't have to worry if he sees me, because if I'm the woman for him then he will see only me. I don't have to even think about that. At ALL! I don't exactly know why I always share some of the things I share with you, but I know God does.

As woman we dream, we desire, and we long for the right man.
What if instead of focusing on what we don't have right now,  we focus on what we do?
God has a plan, a great plan for your life. He is using you right where you're at and I believe he wants to do so much more if you just put your gaze on him. He knows your dreams better than you do, and he knows what dreams align with his plans. If he is worth it all and he is bigger than any circumstance in our lives, then surely we can trust him with where we are at right now.
He wants to use us and the enemy wants to distract us. Take the blinders off. Go spend time with God, and tell him exactly how you feel. Be real with God! Sometimes I just open my heart up to him and I hold nothing back. I talk to him as if he's sitting right in front of me. I write to him in my journals. I ask him the deep questions that I know only He can answer.
Go seek him and ask him the deep questions of your heart. He will always answer!

Hebrews 12:2

fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.


Comments

Popular Posts