New Name: What's your name?

A New Name

The Holy Spirit revealed to me years ago that I have a new name.
He told me that my mentor would know what it was.

A new name? At this point in my life I had no idea what this meant.

Revelations 2:12-17
“And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write: The One who has the sharp two-edged sword says this: 13‘I know where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is; and you hold fast My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days of Antipas, My witness, My faithful one, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.14 But I have a few things against you, because you have there some who hold the teaching of Balaam, who kept teaching Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit (sexual) acts of immorality.15 So you also have some who in the same way hold the teaching of the Nicolaitans.16Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth.
17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.’

History: The church of Pergamum
The people of the church of Pergamum were recognized for being faithful even when Antipas, who was God's faithful one was martyred. Antipas was a messenger of his faith in God, and he was killed because of his ministering. But the Bible says in (Revelation 2:14-15)  no matter how faithful they were there were still some among them who were teaching of Balaam and eating the things sacrificed to idols, and they were performing acts of sexual immorality.

The Teaching of Balaam:
Compromising his own standards of morality and truth.
Willingness to preach something contrary to God's word for personal gain.

The teaching of the Nicolaitans:
The teaching of eating foods sacrificed to idols
The encouragement to commit sexual immorality

Repentance:
As a church some of us believe in God. We go to church on Sundays, we may even have faith and believe in God, But there are some of us who don't get it. we're still listening to false teachers. We're listening to what the people around us are telling us is right, instead of following after what God's word says. For some of us we may still be committing sexual immorality. We may be sacrificing our testimony for just one more drink, or one more hit. We tell ourselves “oh it's just one more, but we're lying to ourselves. We may be telling ourselves that there is nothing wrong with our attitude, or our pride. We may think there is nothing wrong with us, that it's everyone else who doesn't know how to respect us. It's wrong! We've got it all wrong.
As a church we need to repent.
Revelation 2:16-1716Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth.
We do not have to be condemned or worry, because Jesus came to bring us Hope and a new life.

What comes with a new Life? But a New Name
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.’

We all have a white stone with our names on it.
Remember when the Lord told me that he had a new name for me, and my mentor knew what is was?
She took that to prayer and it wasn't until 3 months later when I was at her house in prayer, that the Holy Spirit told her to cover me in a purple linen. When she covered me with a purple pillow case the Holy Spirit told her that he gives me a new name of  Royalty. Royal priest hood.
He gave me a new name. I no longer was the mess up. I was no longer viewed on the mistakes of my past and what was done to me. I wasn't dirty anymore. I wasn't the victim of sexual abuse. I wasn't poverty. I wasn't a one night stand. I wasn't labeled angry anymore. I wasn't a mistake. I wasn't bipolar or broken, I wasn't  insecure, but I was whole. I was completely free from the bondage of a painful past. I set was free and delivered from shame and guilt.

What are the things that still hold you? What is your name? There is something so powerful that God wants to do your life. He is calling you right now to take the step and receive the forgiveness that he so freely gives.
He has a white stone with your name on it, a name that no one knows but you. Only you will know your new name. It is waiting for you.


Comments

Popular Posts