A Country Dream: When God Shakes your dreams

I know I have not written in a really long time.
 God has really been revealing a lot to me over the past few weeks. This week I had the honor of volunteering at the Jeanne Mayo: National Youth Leadership Conference in Dallas Texas. It is crazy because for the last few years all I have dreamed about was inner city youth ministry, and this year I find that my heart has changed. When asked if I could live anywhere then where, I say a ranch style country home on a big field, a place where I can raise my babies, and support my husband's ministry. It took this trip to show me how much God has been changing my heart for His heart's desires. I found myself face to face with some of the deepest desires of my heart, and they are things that I have run from for years. The way you know it's God is this, He always brings it back, and the passion is stronger than ever before. Man there is nothing better than running through the open fresh cut field. There is nothing like taking my Bible and journal and going and sitting in the middle an open field just listening to His still small voice. I have to say I miss the country. I would trade the big city, bright lights, and paycheck for a small town, bright stars, and a call God's given me. I'd trade the mega church for a small town church where everyone knows you. I'd trade the huge youth ministry for a smaller group who are passionately on fire for Jesus and not just on hype. Kids who are being mentored to love Jesus more then the fancy dream. I'd trade it all.  I don't know where all this will take me, but I do know that I am ready for it all. It's crazy how God brings you in to the middle of everything you think you want, just to show you what you truly desire. Give me boots with mud on them, cowboy hat, and the crazy dirt back roads on a sunny day. Wow! Even as I write this I am baffled by how much my heart has changed. Through your journey you will dream and you will plan, but only God knows what is really in His hand. The other night I found myself in complete surrender on my knees and crying out to God; I finally stopped fighting him. My ears were ready to listen.

 Every dream I have is left open for God to do whatever He chooses to. I have such a relationship with Him that if He tells me to move; I do it. My life is not my own. I share this not to get applause, but to share that sometimes when God shakes our dreams it's a good thing. Our journeys are not our own, and this world is not our home. We constantly need to be willing to seek Him, and even more willing and ready to go when He speaks. No dream in our lives can be bigger than God, because if they are then they are no longer honoring Him. If we are not willing to let go of a dream or plan, then we will never fully experience what He has for us. He has to be able to shake us. Let Him shake you and your dreams!

Comments

Popular Posts