A challenging season

I haven't written in a long time. Over the past eight months I have been focused on my school work and the discipleship program that I am soon to graduate. This week I came home for spring break and I must say it was well needed. I remember walking in to my room and the presence of God was so heavy. I sat down and opened an old journal of mine, and I saw the precious words the Lord put on my heart. You see I have been in a season where God's been silent. In the beginning of the year He would speak to my heart, and now it's quiet. I realized one thing, my relationship with my Papa was stronger when I was at home. I have been challenged in some crazy ways this year. I have encountered many masks, and I have been stretched. I have seen the ugly in myself. I have sat on the bench and observed. I have encountered people that have made me question my sanity, but all that aside no matter the situation, or the person yelling at me; He's been there with me every step. I have learned that it is easier to love those who don't know Jesus then it is to love, and continue to show love to those that do, but still choose to live as those that don't. No matter where we go in life there are always going to be these people, but that doesn't change my job; to love them where they are at. I look at the character of Jesus and it makes me really think of the love and patience He had. We spit in his face, whipped him, and we caused him death. Everyday our choices reflect who we are and I thank God that He sent his son, so that my stupid failures and short comings wouldn't keep from my Daddy. I don't want to be the person who points the finger, I desire to remain beautifully broken and humbled in His presence. God has revealed so much of my heart to me, and through the process He has taught me His. Everyday He challenges me to stretch my faith and come closer to Him. It can be scary, but as Joyce Meyers says, "Do it afraid". I haven't written a song in a long time, but today I want to share with you this song. I hope you enjoy it!


The Highway: Katerina French
April 14, 2015

I was a little girl just tryin to grow up in this world
Not able to see just what's ahead of me
chasing after all these empty dreams
facing all the pain I see

Chorus:
Now I'm headed down the high way
chasing my dreams
holding on to something that will make me believe
knowing you have promised to prepare the way
I'm speedin down this highway that you've chosen for me

Years have passed
healing's come
my heart's been open
I don't know what lays ahead, but I know you've spoken


Now's the time for me to go
I'm laying down my plans
everything that I hold

I lay in your hands  


My point is that we are going to be put in situations that we don't know how to handle. We are going to meet fake people. We are going to be challenged in our weaknesses and our strengths. God is always going to stretch us, but it is only because if we want the character of Jesus, then He has to chisel the useless clay from our lives. It's not just addiction, but it's attitude, gossip, laziness, and procrastination. It is the deeper levels of our flesh that need healed and restored. He has a plan for you, but what are you going to do with it?

Comments

Popular Posts