A Father's Love

I woke up early this morning with the words from a popular old hit playing on repeat.

I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things

I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings



As this chorus played over in my heart, I began to think about the lyrics behind it and why it means so much to me. I am personally in a season where I'm finishing out one leap of faith, and waiting for the next. The older I get the more I realize with each step, or should I say each Leap of faith comes an even bigger and scarier next step. This song was written from a Father to his child. In the song the father is encouraging his child to follow their God given dreams, and allow faith to provide the courage for the child to do great things. It hit me that no matter what God is calling me to do, I know that with my Father's approval, and His support; I can do anything! When we know that our Father has opened a door for us we realize that He loves us so incredibly much that He's choosing to give us His dreams. It's crazy when I think about what this summer is presenting me with, but I have such a peace because I know that I have my Papa's approval. I know this is a song about a human father and child, but I am picturing my heavenly Papa. I know that with these big steps, I am not alone.


Isaiah 43:1-2

But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

It's not my faith that gives me the strength to step out; for we could have faith in many things, but it's faith in knowing who my Father is, that He will never leave me, and that He directs my every step. No matter what, He will always provide my every need and He paves the road ahead; every road. It is knowing that my Father cradles me in his arms, wipes my every tear, and that His love for me is real. He loves me so much that He's entrusting this call to me. I am approved by God  ( 2 Timothy 2:15). When we realize that it is in His love that we are capable of  doing anything, then we realize that we can do everything. Because it is NOT us doing it!


Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


It's okay to be unsure, and it's okay to be scared, just know that when you put your focus on the one who made the plans; they don't seem so scary anymore. He has you right where He wants you, and you don't have to be afraid, because He is holding your hand all the way! 


Where is the Holy Spirit leading you to go? It may be time to go unafraid.

Comments

Popular Posts