A Dry Season In The Canyons-

I have been thinking lately about dreams and different things the Lord has laid on my heart, and though I'm not breaking at the seems right now it's still good when He shows me that He's still working on me. I have not been in Texas long, but what I have learned is this area is known for the long droughts. The lake they once had is down to the size of a mini lake. The canyons are dry.


 The other day I was driving out by this lake and I had this prompting to go by the lake, but there was nothing there. As I continued to drive I asked the Holy Spirit to show me what He was trying to show me. We get to the canyon where I know there isn't  water, and I just kept getting the same prompt. As we walked out towards the path I stopped in my tracks. There was a decent amount of water filling the canyon. In this moment all I could do was cry because I felt as though God was just reminding me that He sees my heart and He sees the desires/dreams that He has given me. In life He has plans that will come to pass, but they are set for an appointed time. Just like when a mother conceives no one knows the exact day and time that child will be born, but God does. His appointed time! We may have words that are hidden in our hearts and they may have been there for years, but I believe just like a child is knit in the darkness of the womb, I believe God's words are being perfected in the seclusion of what I like to call behind the scenes. Just because we can not see direct reflect of what He is doing, eventually we will. His appointed timing is everything.

Habakkuk 2:3
For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
 it speaks of the end and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;  it will certainly come and will not delay.

If God can take a dried canyon and fill it with water after a long drought, then surely He can bring His promises to pass.

Comments

Popular Posts