I know the same pain, the same shame

Broken, abused
scared to hear the news of what the doctor might say
Years of fear has only been my everyday
I run and hide
I stand and fight
fight the man who my mama chose to be right
the family secret no one knows, but I know is not aight
I stand my ground and you will never see my frown
because I am tougher then what you might see
these fists will prove all that I need
hospitals, psychiatrists, drugs is not the solution for every kid facing divorce
torn from the arms of their father
and left facing the shattered pieces of what this life has delivered them
now full of fear against all men
Years pass and pain grows deep suicide is all that I believe will complete
complete the broken and abuse I faced
holding on is no longer a part of my race
chasing after the things of this world has only left me
used, torn, and with deep scars
Afraid and hungry for something to heal this heart
Chasing after temporary loves only left me falling apart
Throwing my dreams away with out thinking of what might happen when I awake
I find myself in the shadow of the darkness
I find myself holding on to this mess
This mess that I no longer have to hold
because I know the Father I serve is a Father who is one that I do not deserve
But He has given me grace to finish out this incredible race so that I stand and come face to face with those of His Daughter's who have encountered the same,
I know I may not know their name, but I know their pain

and there is nothing worse then being broken and standing alone in the rain.
In the dark nights  it's when I heard my Jesus say
 know this My sweet child of mine, I know your way
It is I your Savior
your creator of all time
and now is the moment where you will know once and for all
that you are are worthy of  my crown
not because of anything you have done, but what My son has done in your place
With this crown you can stand and finish this race
with faith and endurance it is by My great strength.


Comments

Popular Posts