More then what your eyes see:

We come from different places all you see is different races
you don't know my name
all you see is that I'm playing games
Games on the street
selling dope, selling myself short
becoming nothing is all you think I'm worth
because I lost hope
not because this is the world that I choose
But this so called game is what hides my shame
see you don't see the pain that I cover inside
I've been so locked up that I can't see what dreams can really define anything other than false fantasy's
Broken promises, broken dreams
can't you see that this is never who I thought I would be
I sit here trying to make the money that I need, because I don't know what else I can do to make something more to prove myself to you
I was just a kid when my daddy first started hittin me
I was young when my mama left home and chose men over me
So don't you know there is more then what your ignorant eyes can see?
the abuse got so real I just got tired of feelin
feelin empty, worthless, and accused inside, so I covered up with this mask that I hide
So that You can't see all the tears I cry
I try and try, but now I know that all you will ever see
is just another homeless bum sitting on the inner city streets.



Comments

Popular Posts