Believe where I came from

You know many people would look at where I am today and wonder how. If you would ask the majority of my high school teachers, or middle school teachers they would tell you that I'd be a drop out or in jail. I was listening to a song earlier and part of the verse is " You won't believe where I came from, believe in praise." The truth is we all have a story. That story may be very different from your friends, but that makes you no less then them. I know people who grew up on the streets of Chicago, and I know people who lived in the mansions of the suburbs, and you know, they too have a story. Many of you know most of my story, but if you want to know more I share more in my blog from March 2013 titled be-girl-who-was-and-who-is-to-come. My whole point in sharing this tonight is to encourage you. I was forced to drop out of high school, but I fought and I finished over a year later. Yes I did go back, but that left a deep wound that made me never think I could amount, or even that I was smart enough for college. You know what? God opened the doors for me to go to Master's Commission and through a long hard process I now have my Bachelors of Youth Ministry. The dream that I have felt called to since I was 15 years old. Everyone has a dream. You too have a dream, and everyone has an opportunity to live it out. You see I always thought I knew what I wanted, and I've just come to a point where I've given God my dreams and I have picked up His. If He's not in it you better believe I'm checkin out. If it's not His will for my life then Good bye! I have learned that the only dream that matters in my life is nothing I can get on paper, but it is simply living out the call God's put on my life, and as I do that He aligns everything else. You can do it. I know you can. It's gonna take work, lots of effort, lots of surrendering and time on your knees, and it's going to take a lot of renewing your mind. No joke I use to sit and cry before my tests in MC because I was battling the lies. It's hard, but in the end it's worth it. I look at my diplomas now and think wow in all honesty this is just paper to me. I've always wanted a degree in Youth ministry, but ya know what? God has equipped and trained me to serve wherever He calls me to serve. It's limitless what He can use!

Comments

Popular Posts