New Dreams for You

As I sit and really think about all that God has done in my life; there are no words. Two years ago I was praying for God to provide a new car because my 98 Ford was falling to pieces. I was praying that God would open a new door for me to get a full time job that would pay my bills and allow me to serve in church again. I look back now I laugh because that was my plan that was never God's plan. Instead He opened the door for me to go into 3 years of a discipleship program. I had always dreamed of going to Bible College, but in all honesty I put that on the back burner. Now I have lived in the inner city of Chicago, out to the desert in Texas, and now He has led me to the Gulf of Mexico in Alabama. Who would have ever thought that the 2 states that I have always wanted to live in; I would? I know who. God! He knew! Not only did He know the dream that I had planned for me, but He knew the plans He had already waiting to come in to my life. Amazing Huh?!
Not amazing just God.
Sometimes we get into seasons where we just feel like our life is going no where and we need a change. We know and believe that God has a plan for our lives, but we don't fully understand what that means. I sit back and I think about how He knows every thought that we will ever think and every word that we will ever speak.
 Psalm 139: 1-6
O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O Lord, You know it all. You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it.

He knows everything about us. He knows the desires of our hearts, and He knows the dreams we have, but He also knows in our hearts no matter the desires we have; above all we only want what He has for us. Sometimes it is easy to forget the promise He has for us.
Sometimes it is easy to forget that He once gave us a dream.
As I sat there this evening looking out into the empty sanctuary I just sat there in awe of where God has taken me and I know He doesn't stop here. The visions and the promises will continue to come to pass. As I stand and declare that the promises are yes and amen in my life!

Comments

Popular Posts