One day, But For Now Today..

I've spent most my life praying about you
Dreaming about you
Wondering about you.
What would your eyes look like when they first notice I am that her you've always asked God for; In the quietness of your bedroom late at night.
Questioning the moment we would share
The moment when all walls come down
And we renounce all fear.
Day dreaming and so often believing you'll never really be real.
I've spent my young days trying to beat the questions and thoughts of insecurities as I remind myself you're still worth the wait.
As I get older I no longer hold dear so close to me this fear.
Fear of being alone and never having my special significant person to build a home.
I no longer look for you and try to find you.
I don't question my single hood and look down on it with insecurities of not being enough.
Instead I choose to live my life running a race that is so worth the fight.
You see I no longer look for you and I no longer care. My heart is no longer so fragile anyone could tear. You see there is more purpose in my God given destiny, then to waste my time trying to decide with fake substitutes and a false identity.
You may be real.
One day you may come, but I tell the world I am worth more then to settle with just anybody to be a future wife and mom.
My purpose and my dignity
I choose to stand in my real reality
I choose to fight to believe in a dream much bigger than me.
So from a young adolescent dream to the woman standing in front of me
Be the me and let's go become all God's created us to be.
By:KLF
#IAMsJourney

Comments

Popular Posts