Where's your Identity?

 

I have not sat down to write in such a long time, in fact I don't even know what to write. Today I felt the passion to just sit and type. The one thing many of you have shared with me over the years is that you like rawness. You like transparency and you like when you can relate. I have always been an open book and I have always shared what the Lord is doing in my life. The last few years I have become a closed book and I have felt like I need to keep everything so close. Nothing was safe. Nothing I shared remained private, or it would just be recreated in other's imaginations and wind up more against me, or no matter what I was told I was wrong and in sin. More lies trying to redefine me.
 
This last Sunday there was such an anointing in service. It was one of those moments where you can't describe, but you know you don't want to leave. There was an angelic presence seen in the room, and I was in the overflow. I wasn't even in the main sanctuary. How many of you know when you sit in the anointing, every lie is exposed and every demon must flee? I watched as those around me started to manifest demons and get delivered. I watched as those who weren't ashamed stood and went forward to say they need deliverance. I watched teenagers expose the lies they've been suffering in. I watched them stand in boldness as they confronted that thing which was holding them back.
 
I sat there and tears flooded my eyes because the presence of God was so thick. You can listen to people tell you what you should do with your life, you can literally let others condemn you and put you in shame all in the Lord's name, or so they say, but there is only one who knows how your heart beats. There is only one who knows who you really are even when you're too scared to reveal it. There is only one who loves you beyond compare.
 
The more I watched and listened the Lord began to speak to me. The enemy is the one who comes to kill, steal, and destroy. He is the one who breaks hearts and leaves open wounds. What does he want to destroy? Our identity, because when we forget who we are, when we put our identity in a box because we have people spreading lies about us, or trying to break apart what God is putting together; we forget our authority in Christ!
 
When you acknowledge your authority in Christ demons flee! Gossip falls to the wayside. Those who've come against you are convicted and held accountable. When we as believers understand and activate our authority this is what the Bible says, NO weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgement You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me," says the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
We do not have to try and protect ourselves, or shield ourselves from the actions of others. Our job is to take the tools that God has equipped us with and take authority of the enemy. The devil has already been defeated, his lies have already been exposed, and all we need to do is not hide in fear, but rather shine and allow the presence of God to flow through us. It doesn't matter what people believe about us, or what they say, but what matters is we never close ourselves off and quench what the Holy Spirit wants to do in and through us.
 
Keep standing my dear friends & remember God has not left you. 
Your identity is in Him alone!
 

 

Comments

Popular Posts