Encounter Me

This morning as I sit on the back porch and look in to the beautiful clear country sky only two words come to mind. Encounter me. The word Encounter comes from the Greek word of Paga: to meet, to reach. To meet is to come together, face to face at anytime.

 In Genesis God walked in the garden with Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:8), God called Moses to the mount Sinai to encounter Him (Exodus 19:20), and today God is still in the encountering business. The difference is that we can encounter, and  we can meet Him wherever we are at, because He dwells with in us (1 Corinthians 3:16). In the Old Testament the people use to have to go to the temple to encounter the presence of God. Today we are the temple of God because His Spirit lives in us. His presence is with us daily. He goes with us daily. He longs for us to meet with Him daily. An encounter with God was never meant to be a once in a while thing that happens at a conference, or by turning the music up so loud and pacing the floor screaming for His presence. We can encounter Him wherever we are at. 1 Am and the Spirit wakes you up out of bed just to get on your knees and silently listen to His heart beat, driving down the road and all of a sudden you receive a revelation, or when you are cooking in the kitchen and He teaches you a lesson in the process. You could be sitting in the pew at church or you could simply be pushing a shopping cart around the store. You could be leading worship, or you could simply just singing in the shower. You could be anywhere and He will meet you. My challenge for you today is to ask the Holy Spirit to Encounter you.

Holy Spirit, Encounter me with your presence. Encounter me with your Word. Meet me face to face in my quietness, because in your quietness is where I find my strength and confidence. Speak to the deepest parts of my heart. Tell me the mystery of your heart. Teach me how to be more like you and less of myself. Come encounter, come and meet me face to face  daily for the rest of my life. Encounter me!

Comments

Popular Posts