Where have you cast your Nets?

Luke 5:1-2 Now it happened that while the crowd was pressing around Him and listening to the word of God, He was standing by the lake of Gennesaret; and He saw two boats lying at the edge of the lake; but the fishermen had gotten out of them and were washing their nets.

The fisherman were done fishing for the night. They were frustrated that they worked hard and haven't caught anything. The disciples were cleaning their nets and calling it a night, but then when Jesus finished preaching He notices they were no longer in their boats.

When He had finished speaking, He said to Simon, “Put out into the deep water and let down your nets for a catch.”

Now Simon tells Jesus that they have been fishing all night and have not caught anything. 
It is like Simon is frustrated that He didn't catch anything, but at the same time He is willing to be obedient to what Jesus tells Him.
 Simon answered and said, “Master, we worked hard all night and caught nothing, but I will do as You say and let down the nets.”
When they had done this, they enclosed a great quantity of fish, and their nets began to break; so they signaled to their partners in the other boat for them to come and help them. And they came and filled both of the boats, so that they began to sink.

On their own they could not catch any fish, but when Jesus told them where to cast their nets and they obeyed, then they saw a miracle.

There are many of us who are believing for a miracle, but where have we cast our nets? Have we cast our nets in fear of the unknown, or in trusting to be still and wait on the Lord? We so often frustrate ourselves because we try to do everything on our own, but I believe Jesus is saying "if you would trust me and listen to me, then you will receive all that you need." "I will show you where to cast your nets and when, but my timing is perfect and it can not be pretend." We can not pretend to know His timing. We can't pretend that His timing is when we want it. 
Habakkuk 2:3
For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfillment]; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait [earnestly] for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day.

We need to be still and wait for the Holy Spirit to direct us where to cast our nets. He will show you and it will be His perfect timing! If you listen and you wait, then He will show you His great favor in every aspect of that process. When I first moved to Texas everyone was pressuring me to go apply and get a job, but in my Spirit I kept hearing wait. I waited. One day I drove past this restaurant and I felt in my Spirit to apply there. I took in the application and had an interview a few days later, however what I didn't know is that I was hired on the spot. I didn't have an interview at all. When I went in for my interview what I really was there to do was my employee paperwork. God's favor surrounds you like a shield. 

Psalm 5:12 (NKJV)For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous With favor You will surround him as with a shield.

Shield: 1. A broad piece of defensive armor; a buckler; used in war for the protection of the body.

Comments

Popular Posts