Preaching Paul's way

Galatians 1:11-12
For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
I believe Paul was showing us the key to ministering the Gospel. Paul was making sure that the people in Galtia knew that this word that he preached was not of his own flesh, but from Christ. It wasn't by man, or man's great ideas that Paul received the word to preach, but it came from the revelation of Jesus Himself. We have the Holy Spirit that dwells inside of us Today (Romans 8:11). Jesus said that He must go so the Helper can come. The Helper is the Holy Spirit ( Romans 16:5-15). I started thinking this needs to be how every sermon is written. Not by man's words or what we think needs to be taught, but by revelations from the "Helper" (Holy Spirit) Himself, and surrendering so that He can go before us and prepare the word that will stir up and change the hearts and lives of His people.

Comments

Popular Posts