Psalm 139:1-4 - To Know You

Psalm 139:1-4
O Lord, You know and have searched me and know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O Lord, you know it all.


 I like to use Noah 1828 Websters Dictionary to define and break down words.

Search is to look over or through; for the purpose of finding something; to explore; to examine by inspection.

Know is to perceive with certainty; to understand clearly; to have a clear and certain perception of truth, fact, or anything that actually exists.

Intimately: Closely

Acquainted: Participate passive known; familiarly known; informed; having personal knowledge.

God looks over us thoroughly; he explores us in great depth. He examines us to know us better. He understands us thoroughly. He has clear knowledge of our every thought. He knows and has deeply examined our every thought and action. He knows what we are going to say and do before we say anything. He has examined with great care your path. He is closely and informed with all your  He is light in our lives. Where there is light there is room for no darkness. He shines His light in our hearts. He knows everything that we try so hard to hide. I do not know what you may be facing right now, but I want you to know there is a God who loves you, and He knows you deeply. Do not be afraid to be real with God. Do not be afraid to let him bring light into those dark rooms of your heart. Let him reveal what he needs to break you. Let him take you deeper. He will not judge you. He loves you and he wants to teach you who you are. Let him the one who has searched to know you teach you who you are, and all that you were ever called to be.

Comments

Popular Posts