A once upon a dream

How to Believe again:
March 3, 2018

You say believe
I say how
In the midst of the storms I choose to wear a smile instead of a frown
How do I pick the desires I once had
when my flesh wants to put up a wall and surround my heart instead

You see me
you know me
Inside my heart these lies want to control me
rejection
fear
anxiety
tells me nothing is worth holding dear

Open up and receive the dream
what happens when reality is all I receive
Release your self protection
lay down your pride and imperfections

I take this heart and lock it
throw away the key
just so no one can nock it
You see I won't let no man stop me
but in the end my own pride will deny me
You see my independence
You see my confidence
What you don't see is my motivation
to not let my past be the definition of what controls me

I choose to believe
I choose to receive every good and perfect gift the Father in Heaven gives
You see it is not false hope
It is not the battle scars of the ones who left me
Inside deep my flesh wants nothing more then to just release

Open my heart
Open my mind to think there really can be dreams spoken
that will come to reality
People give word and use it as a token, but understand this
by giving a false word
can leave one broken
Don't assume you know my story
Do analyze what you think you understand
Learn to listen
learn to comprehend and don't misguide your friend

I want to believe in the dreams once spoken
Over analyzing is one thing I have broken
Such dreams I laugh at instead of believing
because I don't want to be misleading
Trust is something I fight for
I rise again and choose to continue to walk in confidence through each door.

Don't see me through unfaithful eyes
I just refuse to believe anymore lies
I believe in the one who gave me life
and just maybe one day again
I'll believe I'll be a bride

My focus is not on the man who
will stand before me in time
I refocus my heart and all my pride
on my Father who chose me to be His
pure and spotless bride
Don't judge me because my dreams are different then yours
Just trust me to know
When that time comes I'll know where to go.

Comments

Popular Posts