Rubber band stretch: A God stretching faith kind of story.

This past spring I walked out of the school I worked at and  I saw a rubber band laying on the ground. There was something about this rubber band, so I picked it up and as I did I heard the Holy Spirit tell me that he is about to stretch me unlike I have ever been stretched before.

That was months ago and of course then I had no idea what that meant. Now I am trying to just hold close to him because He is the only one that has the answers as to how I am to do this. I have shard my journey of applying to Chicago Masters Commission, learning to be content in the waiting, getting my acceptance box, raising and saving $1000 before August 1, 2014, and making my first goal. I am at a point now that I truly believe God has opened this door for me and I may not have all the physical answers, but I know he is going to provide the way. I have never been this stretched in my entire life; for normally I have my safety boat, but this time He is my only safety. He has not only called me to apply to a program where I am technically too old, where I can not hold a job, without my car, and in a neighborhood where I have only had visions about doing ministry, and where many I know would rather avoid. He has called me to raise thefinancial support and rely on Him completely. There will be no question of how I did this, or where the money came from. He will get all the glory, because He will be the one to do it All. I am ready to learn and grow in him unlike I ever  have grown in him. It is my time to take back all the enemy has tried for years to steal; my education.

Many times I feel alone and by myself. I will not pretend that I don't get scared, and I am not going to pretend that this is easy. It is anything but easy. I don't know all the answers and honestly I am a person who likes to have the answers. I like to have everything planned out, and this is just not it. The more I learn of what I need, the more I realize what I don't have, and that I know nothing except who to turn to.

So many of us say something like this "Lord use me. Send me where you want me to go. I want to live for you." So many of us say this, but when it comes time to step out and go we tend to hold back. When we are taken out of our comfort zones we tend to run back to the safety net. In truth what God has been showing me is this. When he has called us (because he has called all of his children) to live out the plan he has for us; He wants to be our ONLY safety net. He wants us to step out of the boat, let go of the boat, and let it float away. He wants us to take one step at a time as we walk towards him, with our eyes fixed upon his. He is holding his hands out for us to walk to because He sees the pain and the tears that this journey holds, and he is ready to wipe those tears and carry us through; we just have to keep walking. One foot at a time.

We give our lives away and he knows which ones will actually go. He knows what we are going to choose, and there are many things he wants to break in us along the way. It's all about obedience because he wants to bless us with his perfect gifts, so that we can be a blessing to those around us.

Step out and keep going no matter how hard the journey is, or how rough it looks; Keep GOing!

Comments

Popular Posts