Seek Me First: A Mountain meeting



This past weekend I had the honor of joining the woman at church for their yearly ladies retreat in New Mexico. I have never been up in the mountains so this was a new experience for me. The view was breath taking! The ride there was pitch dark, so I completely missed the line of elk standing beside the van. All weekend I wanted to see an elk, and it may seem silly, but I really had a desire to see an one. On the way back as we drove through the snow covered mountains my face was glued to the window, oh the beauty of God's creation! As I continued to look out the window I was in search of an elk, and that is when the Holy Spirit spoke softly to my heart. I believe the Lord said to me that so many of us are searching and searching for that promise (whatever that is in your life), but the more we search for it we won't find it because our eyes are not on Him; our eyes are on the promise. The promise can't ever be bigger then the promise maker. All a sudden my eyes were drawn to the top of the mountain, and I felt the Lord say to me "keep your eyes on Me". As I starred at the top of the mountain all of a sudden down below there was a doe right up close to the road. I felt the Lord say to me that if we keep our eyes on him  we will find contentment in him, and we won't care about that "promise" anymore because we are one in Him. I was just amazed and in awe of God that I stopped caring to even really see any wildlife, all I wanted to do was run up to the top of the mountain and sit at the Lord's feet. I thought of Moses when he went up to the mountain, and then Jesus, because it was the mountains where Jesus would go to retreat and speak to the Father (You can read about that story in my post http://whosatmydoor.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-mountain-top-secret-place-and.html ) . I kept taking pictures and meditating on the word the Lord was speaking to me, and out of the corner of my eye BOOM!! There was a field of elk. Not just one, but 10 The only thing was I really didn't care anymore, because it was never about finding the elk, and seeing this wildlife, but it was all about believing that God could bring me an elk. I use the elk as an example, but really how many of us are searching for that spouse, job, ministry, friends, car, money, ect? Whatever the dream is. God knows the desires of our heart because he put them there, but here's the thing. Do we really trust that He will harvest those desires? As we drove through the mountains I felt one thing the Lord kept speaking to my heart, and that is "Keep your eyes on me FIRST. Let me give you complete rest in Me." 
Matthew 6:33   But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. No matter what it is you are believing God for, or whatever season of life you are in here is one thing! Seek Him first, seek after His character, and He will take care of the rest. He knows your heart and the things you dream of, and ya know what? He is such a good Papa that even though we may think the things we dream about are silly or just a dream. No! He doesn't see it as that. We are His children who He loves and just like a Father would want to give his kids the desires of their heart; God will give you the desires of His heart. Just like Jesus said in Matthew 6:25-34
 25 For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? 27 And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? 28 And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! 31 Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ 32 For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34 “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
The word Seek means To go in search or quest of; to look for; to search for by going from place to place. I read this definition and I thought of an adventure. It is an absolute adventure to seek God and to search out what his character looks like, and it's a quest as you venture with Him and allow Him to shape His character into who you are. You see we do not have to worry about missing what God has for us, because if we seek Him and we keep our eyes on Him, then He will provide our every need. He knows what you need better than you know, and He already has it for you, all you got to do is seek Him. Take complete rest in Him and trust Him.

Comments

Popular Posts