How often?

How often do I cry out to you and ask you to make me new? How often do I call on your name to lead me and show me the truth? How often do I ask you to open my heart? How often do I ask to find you? How often do I declare Holy is your name? How often do I realize the hunger I crave?
How often do I run away because I'm afraid? How often do I seek other things in place of your name? How often do I realize that I have given in to the enemy's lies? How often can I see the truth in the dark?
Lord, I cry out to you and ask you to put out these fiery darts?
How often do I choose to spend my time focused on you?
How often do I hear you say I choose you?
How often have I laid it all down for the sake of my King's crown?
How often do I choose to trade my joy for a frown?
How often do I call your name when I need to hear?
How often do I forget you are always near?

Yet when I look in to the mirror it is all this world that I fear.
Seek my heart and open the deepest parts which continue to tear.
Lord how often do I forget I am your Beloved dear?
Forgive me Lord for being an unfaithful bride
when I know you have always seen my pride
yet you love me the same
yet you chose me before I knew your name
How often do you reach forth your healing hands to remind me
you still have a chosen plan?
How often when I feel ashamed you remind me
it's only my perception and what my human eyes can see, but my Father He no longer me in darkness or captivity
He chosen and called me by name
He has broken all the chains and set me free
How often have you taught me to see the way you see?
How often have you taught me to believe what you believe?
How often do you tell me to think what you think?
How often do you remind me how precious and what a masterpiece only you have made me to be.
How often do I put my selfish wants before your righteous deeds?

Comments

Popular Posts