Transforming Perspective

All week we have been short staffed at work which means it has been an exhausting week. Yesterday I was told they had to call in extra help from another store. A few months ago we trained employees for a new store and during that time there was one particular woman who did not like me. This woman began to gossip, ridicule, and down right degrade me to not only my coworkers, but my customers. I was angry and could not figure out what I did to cause an out lash.

During that time the Lord kept telling me to keep my mouth shut and allow Him to bring the truth to light. Long story short the Lord showed me soo much in that season. He showed me that my identity doesn't lay in what other's speak about me. My purpose and my character is not defined by that which other's think. Here's the thing I didn't just say it to myself,  but I believed it! It wasn't false pride hiding in security,  but it was a confidence in Christ. It no longer mattered because I knew the truth. No matter what I did I had to choose to love this woman. The Holy Spirit corrected my attitude and reminded me it doesn't matter what this woman says, because she is His daughter and He loves her. The difference is He told me this. I know my identity and who's I am, but she does not know who she is.

Eventually all truth came out and I find out all of my co workers were taking the stand for me. You see I didn't have to defend myself because when you are truly innocent God will send people to defend you. I had to do nothing but seek Him and allow God to change my perspective.

Today I was scheduled to work with this woman. I will be honest my flesh didn't know what to expect. She came in and I could feel the looks. I knew in that moment it can be awkward and she may not like me, but I have the power to change the atmosphere. As I stepped out to love on this woman the Holy Spirit changed exactly that.

He changed my heart to see we either walk in our insecurities and we allow our weaknesses to define who we are and how we live, or we can let Him become our strength in the midst of an identity crisis. We can either allow the world to shape us, or we can let God reshape us to reflect His son's image. We can either become hard hearted and bitter, or we can invite the Holy Spirit in to teach us and change our perspective. We can choose to not view that person by what they did to us. We can choose to be the light and the example of Christ. I don't know  if anything was different for her, but I see more of who she is and the heart the Father has for His lost child.

To think of all the people we come in contact with every day. To think of the depression and the hurt so many people try to mask by false confidence. There is such a need for the body of Christ to allow God to break us, so that we too can see through His eyes, and not mere emotions. In the end it doesn't matter who likes us, defends us, or speaks kindly of us. In the end it is all how we chose to deny our flesh and allow God to do what He needs to do in and through us. It's not about us folks. It doesn't matter if someone lies about you, spreads rumors about you, or stabs you in the back. It doesn't matter what they do. It is all about how we respond and react. We can either fight back in flesh, or remain silent until we can listen to how God wants us to respond. Our lives are our biggest testimony, so lets live it to our best!



And now I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. (John 13:34)

Comments

Popular Posts