Where were you God?

I have started reading a wonderful book Becoming Myself: Embracing God's dream for you By Stasi Eldredge. In this book she encourages us to think back on our childhood and remember who we were as a child. Another thing she added was good or bad, ask God to show you where he was in that time. I asked the Holy spirit to show me where he was, and as the memories started coming so did this.

I was there while you rode your bike down the hill, and as you peddled fast over the hill and then lifted your feet to feel the air. I was there watching you play in the trees; every time you'd fall and scrape your knee. I was there watching when no one else was around and you would sing my praises into the broomstick pretending to lead church. Every time you laughed, every time you'd snort, and even in the darkness of your room; I was there. I was there when your parents fought. I was there when you ran away. I was there drying your tears. I was there every day through out all the years. I've never left you. I've held you in the night. I've listened to your cries. When you needed me most; I was there. When you don't remember; I was there. I am always there. Because you have always been my princess and I will always care. Nothing can scare you, because I am always and forever there. Nothing can harm you, because I am there. Know I never leave you; I am always there. Through out the abuse and pain, I was there guarding your baby heart. I there through it all. I did not like it, but I was there. I did not cause the abuse, but I was there. You deserve so much more than you are worth. You are my child, my love, and my bride. No one can steal your worth and your faith. Even as a child you sang to me. You believed in me, and you never took your eyes off me, because you knew I was there. When you played pastor. When you played house. When you put on your mom's jewelry; you danced for me. You have always believed in me, now believe in yourself. I can do so much more than you could ever think. Everything the devil has stolen from you is not gone. I Restore! You want to go to school, then Baby girl I've made the way. Why? Because I am there for you. You have so much strength, determination, and courage waiting to be released. I want to use you. How? Because I will carry you through each quarter. Keep trusting in me, because I am still there. Become the pastor and leader I created you to be. Your compassion for others is overflowing. Your love to teach is exciting. Your love you offer leaves people breathless. Why? Because I am there! A midst everything I am there! Your needs are met, because I am Always there. Forever and always.

- Now  I wasn't full going to share all of it, but I sensed a leading to lay it all out. Whatever you have gone through, or are currently going through KNOW that He is there! Ask him to show you and he will.

Comments

Popular Posts