Do you feel Spiritually Dry?

Have you ever been in a spot in life where you feel as though your spiritual well is dry?
Many people have been here and we desperately seek out mentorship, and other spiritual leaders about how to fill up again. We beg God to fill us again. I think back to when I was in high school and I told my youth pastor that I felt spiritually dry. I think how silly because one; if the holy spirit lives and dwells within me (Romans 8:9), and he is the living water (, then can I truly ever go dry? (That just popped into my head as I was typing this.)


Some struggle with this and just like any struggle we face the best way is to remove self from the situation. GIVE!  Whatever you are needing in life right now, go and bless someone that has the same need. Whatever you have to offer, it doesn't have to be something huge. God will take the tiny things and multiply them. Take self out of it. Watch God bless someone else and rejoice with them. Don't get jealous for what they have, be excited with them. Right now I am sure if we all took a minute to think, we would all have someone, or something come to mind. Go! Get up and go.
Don't know where to serve? Afraid to step out, because that might not be where God want you?  Go! Go and step out and trust God to move!
Ask God to show you and show you the area of ministry that comes to mind, go and get involved. I remember when I first came to the Bible school the Lord kept telling me "hospitality". I didn't even know what that meant as a ministry. I ended up serving and getting involved with the hospitality team, and soon before I knew it I was made lead over a donut team. I never asked for the position, I just wanted to serve and God did the rest. God knows the gifts and talents that he has given you, and he knows where you will flourish best. Don't be one to tell him where to put you, but ask him to put you where he can use you. Many times there is a leader who already knows where you need to be put, so trust that authority.


When you serve others, you take your flesh out of it. When flesh is no longer a part of it, God multiplies. You may feel spiritually dry, because your not doing anything; you're not using the gifts God gave you. Start filling the vessels like the woman in 1Kings 17, and just watch what God will do with your life. 1st thing is first though: stay in communion with God. Read His word. Then ask him to open your eyes to a need of someone/something other than yourself.
This reminds me of the word he once gave me: I am the rose, you are the blossom. Meaning this, if we stay in Him, then we will bear much fruit (blossom). - John 15:5 -

Comments

Popular Posts