The Train window

With one chapter coming to a close I have been wondering what lays ahead. I feel as though I am headed down a dark tunnel and I can not see anything outside the train window. I feel as though my jobs will not be where I am come fall, but there is no clear direction yet, just to trust. I also feel as  the worry and fear try to surround me; there is a voice of truth that absorbs them. I was in a moment where the unknown was starting to overwhelm me. I am definitely a person who likes to have plans and know what I'm doing. I have felt a season of rest, but been a little unease. I like to dive in and be involved, but lately there has been no release to do so. Just rest. As I was laying in bed I heard the holy spirit lead me to turn on an old Jeremy Camp: The  worship project, and when I asked why the Lord told me "because I  know how to comfort you." How can I argue with that. The minute the songs started playing I was just that; comforted. This album got me through many years of  having surgeries, sickness, and being in so much physical pain I couldn't stand. Trust in you was the first song.


I am reminded from the story of Elijah (1Kings 17) that God never calls us without providing for us. Here God calls Elijah to the brook of Cherith, and there he would have the ravens provide food for him to eat, and the brook for him to drink. God provided until it was time to move him on. When it was time for Elijah to move on to what God needed him to do next; the brook dried up.


I see this brook drying up as God closing the door. Here is the thing though. God called him to go to Zarephath where he would meet the widow.
God didn't dry up the brook and then say "Okay now you're on your own!"
No, he told him where he was to go, and who he would meet.


When God closes a chapter in our lives it is so easy to get scared; especially if it hasn't been revealed where you're going yet. Here is the other thing. God never closes a door with out providing another door to open. Whenever God's called you and you sense that chapter is over, don't worry because he already has the steps in line. The only thing we have to do is trust him, not worry, and be ready to arise and go.


He is never late and he always provides in a way; only he can get credit. So just like Elijah had to get up, we too need to have the faith to trust him when he tells us to go, but even more so trust him when we can't see out the window. Our comfort is not in our job, and knowing where the money is going to come from; it's in Him and knowing HE is our supplier of Every Need.
So instead of looking out the train window trying to desperately figure out where we're going, just sit back, listen, and enjoy the ride. It's a journey ahead!
P.S. I look forward to sharing with yall where this train actually leads. I know I will have a story to share soon! Until the time is right. I choose to trust him, sit back, and breathe.




-Take time and read the story of Elijah 1Kings17.

Comments

Popular Posts