Next STEP

For several months now I have been asking God to show me what he needs for me to see. I got to a point where all the dreams I had I didn't know if they were just what I've always thought I wanted, or if it's really a desire anymore. Let me tell you this is a position in life where it is really hard to trust. Everything you've ever known is all of a sudden shut door after shut door. Even though it gets frustrating to keep believing when every door you go to gets shut, the Lord still wants to provide for us. He wants us to trust him even more than we want him to provide. I came to a place where I was encouraged to surrender every dream and desire. I told Papa that if all he had for me was to go to school and become a teacher and teach a classroom full of students, then I would do it. You see no matter what we do in life it is not more important than the obedience to Christ. No matter where God leads or what he leads us to do, it's not about the location; it's about keeping our eyes on Jesus. He knows what our needs are, and he knows how to use us best. I will tell you that I have no desire to be a classroom teacher, but I do know if that's where he leads then I will go. He only takes us where we can flourish! Where we can fully blossom in Him.

That day I was led in a completely different direction and to be honest I had every intention of getting there and the door being closed. I never thought that as I walked through the door Everything would change.As I stood in the hallway  all I kept seeing was an automatic sliding door flying open. The funny thing is this building doesn't have sliding doors. As I sat and listened around me all of a sudden things that I haven't thought about were coming back, and with an even more passionate desire. I still may not know fully where this is taking me, but I know this; where ever he leads I will forever follow.

He may be speaking to you and nudging you to move, but your afraid. You may feel as though you have no idea what you're called to, or what you even dream about. It's okay! Continue to worship Him where you are at. No matter if you like your situation or not; keep serving him and thanking him for where he has brought you. Never be afraid to move, but don't be afraid to stay either. Keep your eyes on HIM and in his timing he will show you.

Comments

Popular Posts