A Teen Jesus Story

Teen camp just returned from their field trip and many just wanted to crash, so we compromised. As the group started to play a game "mafia" I don't know what, but the giggles totally took over me. As I sat there one of the boys in the group made a comment about me being "religious". I told him "I'm not religious." He said "yes you are." Me: No I am not. He: "Then why do you have two Bibles in your back pack?" I then had a door open to tell him I am not religious, but that I have a faith in God and relationship with Jesus Christ. He started asking questions. My co worker and another student are catholic and very religious so they started trying to explain their religion. He told me that he wants to become a christian, but his dad won't let him go to church because he is Hindu. Then we some how got on the subject of communion which was difficult because one side is telling him; he has to go to these classes, eat with a certain hand, and confess to a priest. I could see that as I shared with him that he doesn't have to earn his way; truth was opening in his heart. I told him when you know the truth that truth will be in your heart to believe. At one time I could see he was being confused, and my partner tried to start an argument about needing a priest in the place of Jesus. I started praying for God to silence both these girls, and eventually they walked away. The holy spirit had a word for this boy. God told his son how much He loves him, and that he chose that very moment on that very day to have him right there to hear it. I shared with him how to receive Jesus. He then showed me his brother's Psalm & Proverbs military Bible. I asked him if he wanted a Bible and he said he doesn't like it because it's hard to understand, but when asked; he wants one that he can understand. I sat there as the holy spirit kept speaking to him, and was completely baffled that right here in the middle of teen camp; God is interrupting our schedule so He can reach his beloved son in whom He desperately loves. I gave him a church tract that talks about receiving Jesus. He was afraid that he couldn't be forgiven, and I started to share with him that we have all sinned. I told him that I've met some teenagers that have done drugs, stolen, gotten drunk, ect and yet God still forgave them; there is no sin too Big for God. He is bigger than that. This made me realize in that moment how freeing His truth is, and how religion is like having shackles on our feet. Jesus came to break all the shackles off our feet. We do not have to be condemned, or guilty. We do not have to hold ourselves to a list of do's and don'ts. Thank you Jesus that I can go to you at anytime, day, or night without having someone else there. Jesus stood in the gap for us, no other man can do that in that way. He is so good to us. I believe whole heartedly this boy is going to receive Jesus.
                        This is ALL that it is ABOUT!
                                                Generation ReViVal is happening Right NoW!

Comments

Popular Posts