I'm accepted

I have shared with you this journey of taking a step of faith and believing God to show me the direction to go. A few weeks ago I was introduced to the Chicago Master's Commission: a nine month intense discipleship training program, which also has teamed up with West Coast Bible College & seminary to help you earn your College education. It is for ages under 26 so at first I just brushed it off, but God had other plans. I shared in my entry (Next Step) about this Sunday morning adventure. I told God that I'm 26 and if they're okay with that, then I will know it is Him. I was introduced to the director of the program, and sure  enough he said no problem, and  gave their contact information. I made contact and later applied to the Chicago campus. I have been believing God for direction and whether I got accepted or not;  I would know which way to go. I had my interview with them, and actually I had just walked in the door from work really tired, so all the questions I answered; they came straight from my heart. I was kind of out of it. After the interview they would take time to pray and discuss whether I would be accepted. During this waiting time everything was falling apart. I had an incident at work with the bus, I was told my car is not worth fixing, and soon would  need a new one, and a few personal things. It was insane and I knew it was an attack. I was standing right in front of my biggest dream; to serve in the inner city of Chicago. There is so many more things attached to that statement. I was taught how to have peace in this time and to rest in Papa's arms. You see I was waiting for this letter, and it just so happens our landlords have not been in the office to be able to get the mail.

 Friday I came home from work and I came to the conclusion that even though I was kind of bummed because I couldn't get the mail; I will still trust His timing. Maybe another lesson of patience. I came in the house only for my dad to tell me I have a package that came. Totally threw me! I go and look, and here is this box from Chicago Master's Commission. All over the box was words of encouragement. Welcome. Can't wait to meet you. Excited. Worship. Youth. Family. Ready? New Level. You are the apple of His eye, and more. It all of a sudden hit me; would they send this if I didn't get in? Joy of anticipation flooded my heart. I opened the box to find confetti, balloons, candy, and YEP; you guessed it ...my acceptance letter for 2014-2015. Thank you Jesus. Here I was waiting for this letter and Papa, who knows the details and desires of my heart sends me this Box. It was such a perfect gift from Him. This box was decorated just like several packages that I have sent to friends as encouragement. Daddy is so GOOD. He knows our hearts, and he never forgets even the smallest detail.
 I know that this is a journey worth taking, and though my parents are scared for my safety; I am not. I have the best protector and he never leaves me. I am excited to share this journey with you. Over the next several months I know I will be sharing the same testimony of how He provides the funds to do this. Just recently he used a young woman to show me how much he loves his children, and how fast and how much he will supply our needs. Praise Jesus!

I wanted to share that I have not had everyone of my friends & families support, but I know that my Papa is my cheerleader, and he is leading me. When you know it is HE who is leading you, then no person or circumstance can get in the way. I had friends try to discourage me because they require you be single. But really that holds no weight to me either. Sit and wait for God to bring my husband, or be completely focused on Jesus and do what he's called me to do. Hmmmm...let me think.. NO I don't even have to think about that one! Besides what is to say by me staying and waiting for this man;who's to say God would bring him? Personally I want to meet him while we're serving God's will for our lives. When our eyes are off of this man, or woman, and they're on Jesus; the one who matters more. People try to discourage it, because you can't have a job, but isn't God Bigger than all these things?

If He has given you a step; take it and watch what he does with it! Don't let people discourage you. God's got you right where he wants you. GO for it! Don't look back, keep pressing forward.

Comments

Popular Posts