Brand New story: Beauty



Daddy,
You speak of my beauty
But I can not see
all that I see are the half dressed girls in dad's magazines.
What is Beauty to your eyes, Because even when a man draws my attention all I do is question Why.
Why would he?
Is that really what he means, or is it just my emotions, or that dream of a little girl being a bride fantasy.
Daddy show me all my misconceptions, reveal truth to my eyes.
Let me see your beauty through man's eyes.
Show me what is the truth that I see
In everyone else but me.
Sickness and disease has let me weight gain and scars of imperfection.
I know that only through the eyes of the artist who knit me and formed me in perfection;
can show me my endless worth.
Is it just another man playing a joke?
Or just another time where I see something that's not there?
How will I ever know when a man's for real?
I want no more games.
I want the truth.
I want to be free of all these old lies and misconceptions.
Reveal your truth to a wound; I thought was gone, and release my heart to move on.
I am not that once was wounded girl.
I am a woman now with a brand new story to tell the world.
Open my heart and share it all,
Because now is the time to stand tall and Not fall.

Comments

Popular Posts