The Artists hands

I walked into work today only to have someone come up to me and tell me how much another doesn't like me. My response in that moment was I don't care what anyone thinks about me. The thing is this.

As I continued to work my shift and do my job I did a lot of thinking (yeah I know big shocker..When I'm quiet it's because I'm in deep thought..lol). Over the past six months I have had more people smear my name and make up accusations against me then I care to admit. We are taught as children that sticks and stones can break bones, but words never hurt. This is a massive misconception that I believe we teach our children.

Words do hurt! Lying about someone does hurt. Here is the thing though. This is what hit me as I worked today.

People are not always going to like you. People are insecure and they act out of emotions. People get jealous over position.  People like to be in control and when they're not sometimes they don't know what to do. Here's the big thing.. people act out of immaturity and what they've always been taught is acceptable. When they realize how they've acted and the consequences they have they have to blame someone.

We play the blame game and we don't take responsibility for our actions. We gossip and stir up drama when we're walking in insecurity rather then acceptance.

The difference is as a believer my identity is not in what others say. My identity is not in other people's actions. My identity is not in who talks to me, or calls me friend. My identity is not in acceptance of man, but in adoption in Christ. I am accepted by a God who loves me, created me, knit me in my mother's womb, and who protects and defines me.

People will reject us. People will try to hurt us and make us look bad so they will look good, but this can not define who we are. We must find what we are rooted in. We must find what foundation we stand on, and we must choose to stand. Even if that means we stand alone!

Our true identity is in what defines us and there is no human being that can define our complete value and worth. Every artist knows the value and worth of their work, and it's because they created it, so only they can define it! God knows your value and your worth because HE created you, and only He can define your value and your worth. The value and worth lays in the hands and heart of the artist, and only He can define his artwork.

Comments

Popular Posts