William: The story of a stranger

This morning I came across a man named William.  As I walked past him I could feel that prompting to talk to him, but I didn't.
As I came out of the store the man was still sitting there. I knew in that moment I was to talk to him. He just moved here from Detroit to stay with his aunt and two weeks after he got here she passed away. Now he is just trying to get food. I was able to pray for him, but I did have anything to offer. He was so gentle. My heart ached for this man.

I headed home and I couldn't stop thinking someone needs to help this man. I had already watched many walk right by him. I got back up and went to go find this man again. I was praying he would still be there. He chuckled when I found him. He told me "you really just did this" and then he told me maybe one day he can help me.

As I walked home I kept thinking how much God loves His son. How far God is willing to provide His son's needs and most of all how much God loves His children. We focus so much on everyday routine and the mess of life that we miss the simplicity in everyday.

What's the purpose of life? We go to work, work all week, pay bills, and get up and do it all again. No it's to love one another! Take care of one another.  It's to build relationships and embrace the journey along the way. To love one another. God has a lesson to speak in everything. There is so much more purpose in who comes in to our lives and when that we'll never be able to comprehend.

He'll interrupt our day and routines just to remind us how much He loves us!

#IAmsjourney

Comments

Popular Posts