God of H.R.

We have all  applied for that promotion, and unfortunately we didn't get it. Have you ever been in the spot where you know that you are qualified to do the job, but you get told you're not? It stinks!


We recently lost the secretary and the assistant secretary at my job. I have applied before for the assistant position and was turned down. This time around I have been asked to help assist another woman just to cover the front desk until they hire someone permanent. I was flustered because I felt as though they have the people who would be great for that job, but they look right past them. The Lord quickly reminded me that it is not this job that makes me who I am, and it is not this job that qualifies me. I have nothing to be upset about, because God reminded me that He is the God of H.R. and whatever job He has for me; I will get. Whatever job it is that I do get, it will be from Him and it will be so much better than anything I could think of. It is He that qualifies me and promotes; not man.


He also showed me that I have nothing to feel at loss with. I don't have to be jealous, rejected, or anxious because  (Romans 2:11 AMP) God shows no partiality [undue favor or unfairness; with Him one man is not different from another].


To God all his children are the same, and his promises to every single one of us is the same: He will provide all of our needs (Philippians 4:19). He is not just going to supply for his son and leave his daughter out to dry. Same goes for his son; he won't bless his daughter and leave his son hanging. What kind of father does that? Maybe some earthly ones, but certainly not our Heavenly Father. He is a Father of love and good and perfect gifts. He has something for each of us. We don't have to compare or hope the other person doesn't get it, because we know who's we are, and we know that He always provides! He knows the gifts and talents that he bestowed in us and he also knows the best position that we will flourish in. If you didn't get that job you wanted remember this: he knows what you will flourish in, and he only wants his baby to succeed.
He knows exactly what you need! Trust Him.


This lesson of trust just continues on and on, but I'm thankful that he gives us the patience to keep learning it.

Comments

Popular Posts