Alone

As woman we dream of getting married and falling in love since birth. We open our hearts to receive only to find out that what we are receiving is a load of potatoes. We long and desire to be one with someone, but we often don't take that in to account when we meet someone. Many times when we meet a guy and he shows us an interest we backseat the very things that mean the most to us. Why do we settle for the things that we know God has given such a clear vision for? Any guy can tell you what you want to hear, but it takes a real man with sincere motives to be able to walk out what he talks. You will know this because of how he guards your heart. Now this saying is thrown around a lot to, but what does this actually look like? He will guard his struggles, he will guard what you talk about, and he will guard how he looks at you. He will use his words to build you up and encourage your dreams. He will not use your words or past to get you to do anything you do not want to do. Here is a Big one! He won't use it to manipulate you, but he also won't even tell you that he is struggling to remain pure. He will choose his words wisely. He will bring out the best in you, and you will know this because there will be fruit of your growth, and his growth in Christ. You will be challenged in ways you never thought possible. You will have peace and rest in Christ, and the red flags won't mean RUN; they won't be red at all, but Green to say continue. You will see this man become your best friend that you know that even when people come against him, in your heart you have complete peace to trust him. I have encountered many men that are complete opposite of all this, but I have also met some amazing men of God that remind me that God does have a plan for marriage. He has given me a promise, and when his time is ready that man will be knocking at my door. In the mean time I am at rest knowing that I don't have the pressure of leading someone on and breaking their heart because I find out it won't work. I have the freedom to choose what I need to do. I have the time to freely seek God and allow him the time to stretch me and strengthen me to be the Daughter he has made me to be. My heart is His, and any man that wants a part of that heart has to seek God. I will know because the holy spirit will no long whisper "I have more for you, this is not him", but he will say "trust me, I know all the dreams and plans for you." I love that before even a word spoken the holy spirit will show me quickly to not continue further. This is where Who's at my door came from. Who is the one standing at your door? If he's not standing there, or if you don't have peace with the man standing there then welcome the Lord to stand there; kinda like the southern daddy on the front porch with his shot gun!

 One of my favorite songs is written by Stephanie Smith: Better off Alone: http://youtu.be/Hq8KgcXDsvE
When the right one comes how will I tell
that he's not just some disguise
But I'll see a stronger version of myself reflected in his eyes

I should known better cause it only feels worse each time
I better surrender this search
cause I know until someone finds me and inspires me to be better
well
I'm better off alone

Comments

Popular Posts