A Baby's Gaze

This is a story from September 21, 2012.
This comes from a season of my life when the Lord was leading me to attend a Mom's small group. I always thought it was funny, because I was the only woman who wasn't married or a mom. I learned so much from this group of incredible woman and how they use the Word to raise their children. On this particular Friday morning one of the woman in the group brought her new born. I was so over joyed to hold the little one! As I cradled the little guy in my arms  he just stared back at me, and this is what Daddy chose to speak to me.
 
The desire and urge you have for this baby ( he was talking about the desire for my own) is the desire I have for you. The love you feel for this baby is the love I have for you.
 
Wow! I continued to look into his beautiful baby blue eyes and he never looked away; he continually kept gazing into my eyes. I felt as though God was saying, set your eyes on me means to fixate your gaze on me, Never take you eyes off me. You will find complete rest in me; complete peace.
 

 

Comments

Popular Posts