Humility conquers Pride

I am in week one of my newest position and everyday I continued to find myself fighting off pride. I am not the kind of person who gets a "I'm the Boss" attitude. I like to work together as a team opposed to anything. I kept running in to other workers asking me who I'm there to cover. In the back of my mind I kept thinking "who am I covering for?" "Well I'm the supervisor." As this popped into my head I tried so hard to guard the words that came from my mouth. I was not going to be prideful, but at the same time I keep getting told my position is not what I had thought. Why is everyone trying to take away my authority? This is the job I was chosen for. What is going on? I was very confused, and I did not want to be big headed, but at the same time I was so confused to what role I actually have. I didn't know how to ask my boss with out her thinking I was all about position and title. I listened to the counsel I was given and I talked to my boss. Here I was thinking the girl who told me I wasn't the supervisor just because she was mad that she didn't get the position. After I found out that we co partner in responsibilities in the mornings; I felt better. The next morning I went in to work the Lord prompted my heart to apologize to the girl for the confusion. What? I was arguing with God in my head, and I didn't get why I had to apologize when it wasn't a big deal. I was taking authority of pride the entire time. I kept seeing the word Humble flashing in my head. I knew I had to humble myself no matter what the situation was, because it was the right thing to do. The minute I apologized the atmosphere completely changed! This lie that the devil was trying to feed me that I was so prideful and everyone could see it, and I'm all about me; they were conquered.

You see when we humble ourselves and we express love to someone we are fighting; everything has to leave. I can say if I wouldn't have been obedient then I would have missed the truth that came from that girls mouth. She never once thought anything of which was running through my mind. I fought this for a few days, and each time I continued to take it to God, and he showed what to do. What I had to do was not taking my authority and bloating up my ego. What I had to do is seek God and be obedient when he spoke. (2Chronicles 7:14 - Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.) God has restored the partnership between this girl and I. It wasn't weak to humble myself nor was it easy, but it was worth the discomfort for the moment. He's always trying to teach us that Love conquers all things, and when you invite humility to the party; pride leaves.

Comments

Popular Posts