Waiting in Comfort: Another Duck Story

I was sitting in my car yesterday just waiting to go in to work. I had a few minutes, so I just sat back and watched the field. The school I work at is surrounded by open fields and a marsh. As I sat there I saw this male duck chasing and honking at a female duck. All I could think about was how obnoxious that would be to have an angry man chasing me. I thought the duck was very mean. Okay this story is not about angry ducks I promise!


The male duck flew away; he gave up the chase. The female however landed in a puddle of water and just started diving her head in to find food. As I watched I felt as God was showing me this is what I am to be in my singleness. Resting and diving in to his word to find him. This duck was persistent in searching for food. If a duck is that persistent at finding bugs to eat, then why can't we as woman be that persistent in seeking God for the word he has for our lives?  Why can't we focus more on Him, then finding a man? Many times woman are on such a hunt to find their perfect one, but that is not what we are created for. God has so much more for his daughter, but he wants us to seek him and find him. This duck as I approached swam through the straw to hide from me. Every time I examined her all I could see was how at peace she was, and I believe that is what we as single woman need.


Single woman can be so un content being single, and God wants us to embrace this season as though it is a journey with Him. Some are so consumed and  concerned with "is this the right man, or isn't he my husband".  This morning the Lord led me to Psalms 23 in the NIV, and this I believe is an example of our single journeys and what he does for us if we open our eyes. I paraphrased this passage.
 I lack nothing.
  He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
 he refreshes my soul. He gives us rest!
He guides me along the right paths.
when I walk through dark seasons, I am not afraid, because  
He is with me.
His rod and staff bring comfort.
He has prepared a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies. He protects us.
He's anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows.
-  Meaning I lack NOTHING.
HIs  goodness and love follows me
  because He is with me.
I dwell in the house forever, because He resides in me.


If all this is true, then my sisters you have everything you need in your seasons. Trust him and rest in his comfort and guidance to take you where you need to go. He gives us all the comfort we need, because he is our comforter. Rest!


And if there is a man honking and chasing you, then you know he's not from God. Ladies, you know when a certain man is worth your time and heart, and most the time the ones honking are not, so say goodbye and find your marsh to rest in.


Comments

Popular Posts