A goose kinda Rest

On my way home from work a few days ago I stopped by target to pick up a few things. It had been a rough day so I wasn't really observant, but when I pulled in to the parking lot there was this goose a sleep in the middle of the lanes. I felt as though God had something he wanted me to see. I drove up closer to the goose to get a picture and of course he had to poke his head up. I felt as though God was telling me

"this is how my children should rest in me. Hiding under the shadow of my wings. This is what it looks like when you put all your trust in me and you find complete rest. Nothing bothers you, and nothing can disturb that rest."

I woke him up and my pictures weren't coming out; he was too far away, so I moved on. When I got out side there the goose was sound asleep again with his head tucked in his wing. Complete rest! This time he didn't budge. He was so peaceful and content. When we fully trust God we can curl up and rest in his arms knowing that everything is in His hands. No matter the storm ragging against you right now God is calling you to find rest; complete rest in him. Don't let circumstances out weigh your faith to believe. God is a mighty God and he can and will do all things. Hide yourself in his word and allow the peace of God to put your heart and mind to rest.
When we are hiding in his wing all the debris from this world can't touch us. We are not afraid of anything, because we know and believe in our protector. When we are not worried or afraid; we can rest.

Psalm91:4  He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings.His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

Comments

Popular Posts