Obedience is key


I am sitting here at one of my favorite forest preserves just waiting for the Lord to meet with me. As I take in all the natural beauty of the trees and the lake I realize a few things. No matter what is trying to come against me; it has no strong hold. No matter where my life is going, all that matters is this moment right here when I say “holy spirit you are welcome here. Come flood this place and build the atmosphere. Your glory God is what my heart longs for to be over come by your presence Lord.” I have been sensing a shift in the spirit. I always get this right before the Lord moves me. I am not sure where he is sending me, but my last big shift was only for a season, but the one before that was life changing. He moved me from my young woman's Bible study that I was teaching, and the college ministry where I was assisting in planning a major out reach event to bring awareness of human sex trafficking to Central Wisconsin. Every opportunity I was given I was so passionate about, but God moved me from all of them. He brought me to a place where he could train me and equip me. Now it's been a little over two years and I've got my certificate from Bible school, served in the hospitality team, Kidstown/Nursery, choir, and Gideon's Army (Out reach). I have learned so much. I went from working at a restaurant to picking up a side job at an elementary school, and now I am completely surrounded around elementary age children in a school setting. Every time I start to think I know where God is taking me, then a U turn appears. I thought I was stepping into the greatest job ever that would lead to my destiny, but only to find out that God had more in store for me. I don't understand everything but I do know that obedience is key. God has shown me no matter what he leads me to do, it's not in the understanding of what he is saying, but in the  obedience to listen. I learned a long time ago that no matter where he calls me, at any given moment I have to be ready to get up, trust him, and move. He takes me on adventures that would take your breath away. He teaches me lessons that even those with the fanciest degrees haven't learned. You can't buy the classes that He teaches; discernment of the spiritual realm, and how to intercede for others. I always know that no matter what I think my dreams are He always has something better. Whether it means he takes those details to a whole different level, or he completely changes the subject all together. I was given a word of knowledge that said if you look at the zoomed out picture of your life, you will see many turns. The turns in your life are not discredited; for God is using every turn you've taken for his kingdom. So with all that said for the past few weeks I have felt as though doors in my life are soon to be closing, but I also sense there are doors opening. This week I woke up sensing a shift. I could vision the sand on the sea shore shifting as the waves come sweeping on the shore. God is bringing something to pass and I am ready to receive it. However and Whenever you choose to move me; I am ready! I'm standing at the train platform with my ticket; the train is coming and I am ready to hop on board. Nothing is holding me back! The people that choose to go with will be those who support and encourage this adventure. Anyone else will just have to be a farewell. Whether I am in the downtown city or in the deep south country farm lands. I am willing, able, and I am ready! Thank you Jesus!

Comments

Popular Posts