Dreaming a Dream

Normally when I wake up in the middle of the night it's to pray for someone, but tonight it was a reminder.
August 18, 2013 I was getting ready for church asking God which service I was to go. Apart of me wanted to go to the Hoffman campus, but the holy spirit continued to tell me "Chicago." That morning Pastor Tommy Barnett came as our guest speaker. I love his ministry from the very first time I heard about it; the dream center in LA. If you have never heard of him or his son Matthew Barnett please look them up. Any ways as I got to church I could just feel as if the Lord had something for me. As Pastor Tommy comes out  and shares with the congregation how the Holy spirit was leading him to preach an entirely different message then he had taught the last two services, I knew it was for me. He begins to share his story about the dream he kept believing God for 40 years. It was a dream bigger than anything he could possibly make happen. Later in the service he ask anyone who wanted to have the multiplication anointing to come foreword. The last time I can remember my spirit so pumped up was in July 2007 when I was led to go forth for the altar call of anyone who believes they're being called to fulltime ministry. My butt was jumping out of the chair in Orlando, and now 7 years later in downtown Chicago. As I went foreword I stopped listening so much to the pastor and immediately started to listen to the Lord speak to me. I know there are many who disagree with speaking in tongues, but I will tell you that I could not stop! On the drive home my tongue was out of control, so I grabbed my phone and started recording it. It was starting to be interpreted. I did not understand half of what I was say nor would I remember it all. I later took that message and word by word typed it out. I look back on that word the Lord spoke to me and it is so beautiful. I know he has given me a dream and one day in his perfect timing it will come to pass. You know it is God when you surrender it for years, and every so often the desire comes back with a fresh new fire, and more detail to it.
Tonight as I got up to listen to this cd from last fall, I found myself in tears because I could still invasion the original dream he spoke to me that day.

God has given you a dream. I know from experience that we want so desperately to run and share that dream, but DON'T! Ponder it and keep it in your heart until the Lord leads you to share, and with whom he leads you to share. There are many who will not understand the dream and they may discourage you, but Only you know what the Lord is truly speaking to your heart, and only you know if it's God. Do not let others destroy your vision; there's a reason he has given you that vision. Hold tight to that dream. That dream that is so Big that when it comes to pass the only thing people will say is "Look what God did." It is a dream so Big that only God can bring it to pass and make it happen. Just watch and see what all he can do! Keep dreaming the Dream! There are going to be turns in life you're going to have to make and it may not make much sense, but don't worry it is only a detour to get you to where he needs you to be. Don't ever give up on His dream!

Comments

Popular Posts