Lay it down for Your love

I was sitting here thinking about something completely different, but once more the holy spirit leads me else where. I was sitting at my favorite forest preserve when I felt the Lord had a word for me, but I was distracted. All day I have allowed someone to come in and lie about me. I have been blinded all day. I have allowed bitterness come in, and no matter what happened I know I have to forgive and let go. I still have to use wisdom with this person, but I know that God has my back. No weapon can come against me. Somewhere I allowed fear to come in and tell me that I could loose my job. This person's words are not bigger than the God who promoted me to this position. Thank you Papa for humbling me. Thank you for showing me that there was a liar; the king of deceit that was trying to distract me from the word of truth.


All week I have been believing God was revealing my biggest dream, and I am trusting him with his perfect timing. I have had this dream for years, but I have been hurt so many times that it becomes easier to hide my desires then to think they are actually what God has for me. Down to every detail he has shown me that he has not forgotten the details that matter to me. My biggest dream since I was 16 years old was to marry this man that God has put on my heart, serve beside him, encourage his dreams, and raise my family. That is it! He has shown me that he has called me to be the Ezer: help mate to this man, and help him build the dream God's given him; that's my dream. Today I was focusing on this dream and I was thinking about all that I actually tell myself, and God just showed me that he has never given up on the dream, and that dream is the one he put in my heart. It isn't my flesh; it's God. I long to build this man up with encouragement, and watch as God arises in Him the man he is called to be, and in that I will arise in all God's called me to do. You know as I sat there looking at the pond and all the beauty God's created around me, I had this peace on my heart. If I could just rest in your presence for the rest of my life, then I could lay it all down, because His Love is all that I need. It is the only love that will ever truly satisfy the deepest depths of my soul. His presence is the most peaceful rest I will ever feel. His hugs are the greatest strength I will ever experience. I don't need things to distract me no matter how great they may look. I choose to lay it all down for His Love. I know he will never let me down!

Comments

Popular Posts