It's about Authority Not being in charge.


Today I started my new journey of being in a supervisor position. This is not the first time I have held a position of a more supervisor role, but it is the first I've been labeled it and paid for it. I was fighting with myself because here I am the one in charge yet I have no authority. WHAT?! Here I am working with someone who has taken all my authority. I kept trying to keep my heart in check and some how amidst it God gave me a lesson.

"Being in charge is not always about being the boss."
I am one who takes the positions that God has placed me in very serious, so if there be any pride or flesh; I want it Gone!

Being in charge is not about power or control. It means somewhere along your journey you proved to someone that you are a leader. You teach, train, and walk along side others to help them succeed. You are a teacher, a helper, and instructor. You are firm when need be, and strong enough to lead your army. You have more inside of you that many are lacking, but mostly being a good leader means you're an even better student. You stand with authority and confidence, but your ear is always open to learn how to do things better.

1st You learn
2nd You train others
3rd You lead
4th You Learn as you lead

A great leader is one who is not afraid to learn and keep learning; that's what having authority and being in charge is all about. It's not a ego booster. It's to help others learn and grow to one day reach whatever position they are chosen for. I almost forgot..... showing them Love and loving them where they are at.

Comments

Popular Posts