Too guarded?

 Is there such thing as being too guarded?
A year ago I would have said no, but I am starting to see when we guard our heart out of fear instead of faith, then yes it can.
For many woman it is a common reaction to take our hearts and padlock them so no one can hurt us again. We start to let someone in and we say we are guarding our hearts, but is it out of faith or fear of getting hurt? We start to feel something towards someone and we immediately start freaking out that either the guy is same mess you've always dated, or we're afraid it's not real and won't last. Here is what I am learning we should do!

Once you've decided to start to let this person in; it's okay to let it play out. When it gets to that point where you are confused and don't know what's going on; leave it at the cross and continue living your life foreword. I think sometimes we as woman get so caught up in the "is he? Or Isn't he my future husband?" that we drive ourselves crazy trying to figure something we may not know right away. Personally I think if we start analyzing and freaking out then we're probably not fully trusting God. Also I believe in our hearts there will be so much peace and confirmation that we may not second guess. We get so scared of laying it down, because it is scary to think it may not be what God has and it may go away. Fear! We forget God still has a plan for our lives no matter what man is or isn't in it. He has a plan for you! He knows your future. He knows your beginning from the end. He is the Alpha and Omega; the Beginning and the End.

Even if we believe in a relationship and it doesn't end up going further I believe God honors your faith for believing, but he also wants us to trust him enough to let go of it.

We need to trust him to take off the padlocks around our hearts. We need to trust him to unlock it, but trust him enough to lead and guard our hearts. We don't have to over guard and over protect our hearts with our flesh. We guard it by faith! We guard our hearts by the speed of the relationship, watching our words and emotions, and guarding the level of physical contact. Again I am one who has gone through this and just recently the Lord has really shown me that if I have my heart so locked, then I could be missing what he wants to bless me with. The Bible says for us to Guard our hearts, not hide our hearts. It's scary, but he will show us when the time is to let someone in, and we just need to trust him in our wholeness and not run away from our past brokenness.

Comments

Popular Posts