Singleness = 1

  We get to the age of early twenties maybe even a few years earlier when  single men and woman start to desire marriage. Some may start a hunt for the perfect number 1, other's may sit and wait. I have learned so much with in the past years of what it really means to wait on the Lord. seven years ago I laid down my future dreams, future husband, and the wants that I desired; for the Will and dreams of God. It has been seven years, and each year I learn something deeper. Being single is not meant to be  depressing or lonely. If we look at it as a time of preparation for our future I wonder what else we would learn. If the Lord has placed marriage on your heart then I am sure he will give you that special someone one day. First God wants us as singles to stop waiting for the perfect "THE ONE" and realize that HE is our perfect one! He may have hand molded a man or woman perfectly for you, but first you have to know how to be content in him. Believe me when I say it took years for me to get to the point of being completely at peace being single. I am already a Bride; the bride of Christ and he is my husband. I would rather wait by pursuing whatever the Lord has placed before me at whatever season I'm in, then to be chasing after a relationships that I know in my heart are not the man/woman God has set aside for me. Of course I am talking as if I am both parties.   I heard the analogy from a pastor one time. A time will come when your running the race of Faith and Endurance, and all a sudden you look to the right and see someone running beside you at the same speed.  You're going to take their hand and continue running towards the cross. That person is the second ONE you run with, but you first have to learn to run with and towards your number ONE which is Jesus himself. Only then will God bring your number two. If you are a single man or woman running this race I encourage you to keep running toward Jesus and Never slow down: keep running and soon God will grant you ALL the desires of your heart.

Comments

Popular Posts